Our pediatric dentists and team are committed to helping your child maintain good oral health and prevent dental problems from developing. We offer a number of preventive treatments and take the time to help you and your child learn the best ways to care for their teeth. We welcome you to call Little Smiles Pediatric Dentistry at 208-777-9331 to make an appointment with Dr. Brad Barlow or Dr. Sean McGuire and learn more about the benefits of preventive dental care in Post Falls, Idaho.
- Brushing & Flossing Instructions
- Dental Cleanings & Exams
- Dental Sealants
- Diet & Nutrition Information
Preventive dentistry encompasses all forms of dental care that are provided to help your child avoid developing tooth decay and gum disease, sustaining tooth damage, or developing other dental problems. Preventive treatments are designed to help keep your child’s mouth healthy so that they can maintain their natural teeth and avoid the need for more extensive care.
Preventive dentistry includes:
- Home care (brushing and flossing)
- Regular dental cleanings and exams
- Preventive treatments such as dental sealants and fluoride treatment
- Checking that any oral appliances your child uses are in good condition
- Reviewing your child’s diet and any habits that may affect their oral health
- Recommending oral health products or hygiene aids for your child’s use
We recommend that you bring your child to visit our office every six months to receive regular preventive care. These routine appointments will help our pediatric dentists monitor their oral health and ensure that they receive any treatments they may need.
For more details about preventive dentistry and to schedule an appointment with our pediatric dentists, contact our office today. We are committed to helping your child enjoy a healthy smile!